Kaustinen church was built in 1777 and belfry in 1778. The carpenter was Matti Kuorikoski - the first one of a long line of
famous church builders from Kaustinen. The belfry stands largely in its original shape whereas the church was rebuilt in 1859. It was the work of Jaakko Heikinpoika Kuorikoski, who was perhaps the best known of the Kuorikoski church builders, with 25 churches and 15 belfries completed. The last restauration and renovation of the church took place in 2006.
The altar pieces were made by Emanuel Alm in 1794. The present church organ with 21 registers was made in Kangasala in 1971.